FSSC 22000 launches major update of its Scheme.
On 22 December 2016 FSSC 22000 published version 4 of its international food safety and quality management system certification Scheme. Based on the experience in applying version 3 during the past years and the expectations of major stakeholders (among which authorities and industry), FSSC 22000 has effectuated several major changes to improve consistency and stringency.
Some of the key changes include new requirements for:
- conducting unannounced audits;
- introducing critical nonconformities;
- prevention of intentional product contamination;
- standardized audit report;
- new certification scopes: transport and storage, food service/catering and retail/wholesale industries;
All FSSC 220000 certified sites shall be audited against version 4 starting from January 1, 2018. In such a way, organizations will have a 1-year transition period.
SGS is the world’s leading inspection, verification, testing and certification company. SGS is recognized as the global benchmark for quality and integrity. With more than 90,000 employees, SGS operates a network of over 2,000 offices and laboratories around the world.